* Must have ability to start ASAP (December ’14 graduates are welcome as well though).
Our client, a Quantitative Trading Firm, is seeking a full time C++ Developer to help develop their trading infrastructure. This is a pure technology role (not a quantitative developer role). Job responsibilities include expanding and maintaining their trading capabilities, managing data and operational technology, and solving problems that come up with the trading infrastructure and tools.
- Adding new capabilities to their C++ software libraries for automated trading
- Getting information in and out of the databases efficiently
- Ensuring connectivity to appropriate venues
- Dealing with the operating system (Kernel, Linux)
- Maintaining, bug fixing, and enhancing their software infrastructure
- Working with portfolio managers and quantitative analysts to improve the code
- Coding connections to new markets
- Optimizing the performance of their systems
- Building GUI tools for risk management and performance using web 2.0 and other modern GUI technologies
- 0-2 years of total experience, with a strong Computer Science education
- C++ programming skills are most important, including knowledge of object oriented programming concept, STL, Boost, networking, threading knowledge a bonus
- Strength with Python, MySQL and Linux (command line interface experience is a must)
- Financial knowledge NOT required
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity to earn large bonus, based on performance
- Three to four weeks of paid vacation
- Complete health coverage including dental
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible spending account
- Tuition and educational reimbursement
- Direct access to senior personnel
- Frequent company outings
- Free snacks, drinks, and fresh fruit
* Client does consider sponsoring visas.
President, Steven D. Consulting Inc.
Website and blog with tips on IT resume writing: stevendconsulting.com