Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship – Deadline: January 15, 2015
Dr. Anita Borg (1949-2003) devoted her life to revolutionizing the way we think about technology and dismantling the barriers that keep women and minorities from entering the computing and technology fields. In honor of Anita’s vision, Google is proud to announce the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship, awarding a group of female students each a $10,000 scholarship for the 2015-2016 academic year. All scholarship recipients will also be invited to attend a 3-day Scholars’ Retreat at the Googleplex in Mountain View, CA in 2015.
Who Should Apply?
Applicants must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- be a female student currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2014-2015 academic year
- intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at a university in the United States for the 2015-2016 academic year
- majoring in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- maintain a strong academic record
- exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science
For complete details, please visit us at http://www.google.com/anitaborg/us/
Deadline to apply: Thursday, January 15, 2015
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Google Anita Borg Scholarship program is also available to students studying computer science in Asia, Africa, Australia, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, and New Zealand. Visit www.google.com/anitaborg for complete details.
For more information about student opportunities at Google, please visit www.google.com/careers/students.