* Must have ability to start ASAP (December ’14 graduates are welcome as well though).
Our client, a Quantitative Trading Firm, is seeking a full time C++ Developer to help develop their trading infrastructure. This is a pure technology role (not a quantitative developer role). Job responsibilities include expanding and maintaining their trading capabilities, managing data and operational technology, and solving problems that come up with the trading infrastructure and tools.
– Adding new capabilities to their C++ software libraries for automated trading
– Getting information in and out of the databases efficiently
– Ensuring connectivity to appropriate venues
– Dealing with the operating system (Kernel, Linux)
– Maintaining, bug fixing, and enhancing their software infrastructure
– Working with portfolio managers and quantitative analysts to improve the code
– Coding connections to new markets
– Optimizing the performance of their systems
– Building GUI tools for risk management and performance using web 2.0 and other modern GUI technologies
– 0-2 years of total experience, with a strong Computer Science education
– C++ programming skills are most important, including knowledge of object oriented programming concept, STL, Boost, networking, threading knowledge a bonus
– Strength with Python, MySQL and Linux (command line interface experience is a must)
– Financial knowledge NOT required
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS AND PERKS:
– Competitive base salary
– Opportunity to earn large bonus, based on performance
– Three to four weeks of paid vacation
– Complete health coverage including dental
– 401(k) plan
– Flexible spending account
– Tuition and educational reimbursement
– Direct access to senior personnel
– Frequent company outings
– Free snacks, drinks, and fresh fruit
* Client does consider sponsoring visas.
President, Steven D. Consulting Inc.
Website and blog with tips on IT resume writing: stevendconsulting.com